Chia seeds are tiny, but they are packed with nutrients. For centuries, these seeds have been touted for their health benefits as a staple in the ancient Aztec and Maya diets. Chia seeds' antioxidants, minerals, fiber, and omega-3 fatty acids may promote heart health, strengthen bones, and improve blood sugar management.
Here are five scientifically proven health benefits of chia seeds.
- Chia seeds contain a lot of antioxidants. These compounds protect the seed's delicate fats and provide human health benefits.
- Chia seeds are high in protein and fiber, which have both been linked to weight loss.
- Chia seeds may lower the risk of heart disease, most likely due to the fibre and ALA content.
- Chia seeds are high in calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). These nutrients have all been linked to increased bone mineral density.
- Chia seeds are simple to prepare and are frequently used as an egg substitute, as well as in oatmeal or smoothies.
Chia seeds are not only high in minerals, omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, and fibre, but they are also simple to prepare.
According to research, they have a variety of health benefits ranging from weight loss to a lower risk of heart disease. However, more human-based research is required before any firm conclusions can be drawn.